When comparing the XTERRA Fitness TRX4500 and the Horizon Fitness 7.8 AT Studio treadmills, a few key differences and similarities can be observed. Both models offer the same speed range of 0.5 – 12 MPH and the ability to fold for convenient storage. However, the Horizon Fitness 7.8 AT Studio has a more powerful motor (4 HP compared to 3.25 HP in the XTERRA Fitness TRX4500) and a slightly higher weight limit (375 lbs. compared to 350 lbs.). The display on the Horizon model is a 16 Digit Alphanumeric LED with a 9.3″ LCD Screen, while the XTERRA model has a 7.5″ Blue Backlit LCD display. Both treadmills are equipped with integrated heart rate monitors, a variety of built-in programs, and audio capabilities, including Bluetooth audio.
The most important differences between the XTERRA Fitness TRX4500 and the Horizon Fitness 7.8 AT Studio are:
- Motor Power: The Horizon Fitness 7.8 AT Studio has a more powerful motor (4 HP) compared to the XTERRA Fitness TRX4500 (3.25 HP).
- Weight Limit: The Horizon Fitness 7.8 AT Studio can support more weight, with a limit of 375 lbs, compared to the XTERRA Fitness TRX4500, which has a weight limit of 350 lbs.
- Display: The Horizon Fitness 7.8 AT Studio has a more sophisticated display (16 Digit Alphanumeric LED, 9.3″ LCD Screen) compared to the simpler 7.5″ Blue Backlit LCD display of the XTERRA Fitness TRX4500.
- Built-in Programs: The XTERRA Fitness TRX4500 offers more built-in programs (30 preset, 2 custom, 1 heart rate) than the Horizon Fitness 7.8 AT Studio (10+).
- Warranty: Both treadmills offer a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, but the XTERRA Fitness TRX4500 provides 1 year of in-home labor coverage, while the Horizon Fitness 7.8 AT Studio offers 2 years of labor coverage.
XTERRA Fitness TRX4500
Horizon Fitness 7.8 AT Studio
XTERRA Fitness TRX4500 vs Horizon Fitness 7.8 AT Specs Comparison
|Brand||XTERRA Fitness||Horizon Fitness|
|Model||TRX4500||7.8 AT Studio|
|Motor Power||3.25 HP||4 HP|
|Speed Range||0.5 – 12 MPH||0.5 – 12 MPH|
|Incline/Decline||15 levels||15% motorized incline|
|Belt Size||20″ X 60″||22″ X 60″|
|Weight Limit||350 lbs.||375 lbs.|
|Heart Rate Monitor||Integrated handlebar heartrate sensors||Contact Hand Grips, Bluetooth 4.0 Compatible Receiver (included)|
|Built-in Programs||30 Preset, 2 Custom, 1 Heart Rate||10+|
|Display||7.5″ Blue Backlit LCD display||16 Digit Alphanumeric LED, 9.3″ LCD Screen, Free Phone/Tablet Pro App that Interfaces with Machine|
|Training Apps||Connects to FTMS-enabled third party apps like Zwift, Kinomap, Tacx, and more||Peloton Digital, Zwift|
|Rollers||No info||2.5″ – 1.81″ Rollers|
|Dimensions||77.2L x 35.5W x 56.1H inches||76.L x 37W x 64H inches|
|See Price at Amazon||See Price at Amazon|